Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A good day



I had a great day today. I decided the last night that I was going to work out this morning. So I did. Don't get too excited...it took me a month of planning to get up to actually do it. First time I've worked out in a month. I miss it. I hate a great day afterward. Fully of energy. I wasn't tired at work. I wasn't even tired when I came home. Huh, I should do that more often.

Then I drew a picture. While thinking of my mother (the second pic). It's pretty cool. I'm proud of it.

A couple weeks ago I drew another one that was for my sister (the first pic). Just happens to represent what I think so many survivors go through.

I realized while trying to draw again tonight that it is so much harder to do something for myself. To express my own feelings. I can express how I feel about others or how I think others feel. But not myself.

Aside from that, today was an exceptionally good day. I could go for another day like this.

3 comments:

Nika said...

these are awesome

Lish said...

Thanks :)

I'm trying to learn how to draw figures or shapes with the soft pastels. These pictures show the extent of my ability. lol. But I'm learning.

Marj aka Thriver said...

The drawings are very expressive, I like them. Are they made with pastels? Hey, come on over and take a look at the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse. I finally got all the kinks worked out and it's up and running. Thanks for being part of it! (Hey, if you could put up a little blurb/link to it, that'd be cool, too. Thanks!)