Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Off to California :)

I'm off to California for the weekend :) I'll be back on monday. I have lots of good stories saved up for when I get back...they involve dating. pahaha. I know. Me? Date? I already feel like I'm too old for that. Good lord it's been awhile.

Anyway, I'm going to the National Women's Studies Association Annual Conference in Oakland. Sooooo excited. Here's another thing that I love. I love women's studies. I love feminism. My first women's studies course is where I began coming out of my shell. Speaking out through my writing. Only the professors read the papers but at least I was saying it to someone. So I have ran with the program ever since my first course. I'm thrilled to be able to spend time with all the amazing women who are paving pathways for themselves and the younger generations of women. Woohoo.

K. Gotta go pack and be on my way :) <----I've been smiling a lot the past couple days. I love the rising part of the cycle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((HUGS LOVE))
Enjoy your trip!!!!

Lish said...

I haven't really gotten into dating discussions with my mentors, so I'm not sure. Recently, however, I was discussing my dating issues with one of my peers in the women's studies department. That will be on a future blog. I'm beginning to realize why I have so many issues with dating.

Usually the people I drop hints to are eager to hear about my issues but have trouble offering any advice. It's hard to advise on an issue that you cannot relate to. So I'm trying to work it out myself.